To establish a new commercial account with the Cedar Rapids Linn County Solid Waste Agency, please fill out the CHARGE ACCOUNT AGREEMENT. Email it back to email@example.com, or mail the form back to CRLCSWA, 1954 County Home Road, Marion, IA., 52302. It will be processed when received. Businesses may also call 319-777-2611 for more information.
A $500 security deposit must be made to initiate a commercial account. It can be paid with a credit card over the phone- please provide a valid phone number on your application and the Agency will call you for your credit card information. If using a business check that is mailed in to our 1954 County Home Road address, the commercial account will not activate until both the check and completed charge application is received. Upon authorization of the charge application, notification will be sent to you and our scale attendants via email indicating your charge account number.
The Agency is only accepting garbage at this time. Recycling, including cardboard, appliances, TVs and monitors, and tires are not being accepted. Just garbage at the landfill, 1954 County Home Road, Marion.
Yard waste is being accepted at 2250 A Street SW, Cedar Rapids. Compost is available for purchase there too.
Once your commercial account is activated, please tell your staff to follow these guidelines for both the landfill and the yard waste & compost locations:
1. On a piece of paper in BOLD lettering, write: (BUSINESS NAME)
2. At the landfill, when they arrive at the scale, use the right/commercial lane. Pull forward until they can make eye contact with the scale house gate attendant. Show the gate attendant the piece of paper with the business name and account number through their window. The gate attendant will not open their window either. There is only one lane at the yard waste scale.
3. Wait for the gate attendant to give the thumbs up, then proceed to landfill or yard waste area. The residential dumpster area at the landfill is CLOSED; use the landfill.
4. They will need to weigh-out. Have staff pull up to the outbound scale window, show the paper with the business information again, wait for a thumbs up from scale attendant, then leave the site.
5. Scale ticket(s) will be emailed to the business email on file same day.
Thanks and stay safe!