The devastating storm that hit Linn County Monday, August 10, 2020 left severe damage in its wake. Here's information about where to go with tree debris and other materials.
Tree Debris & Yard Waste
- First, check with your local community:
- City of Cedar Rapids Storm Response, including tree debris curbside collection info
- City of Marion Storm Response, including curbside collection
- Linn County Storm Response, including tree debris removal & burning information
- Tree debris can be taken to the Solid Waste Agency compost & yard waste location for a fee:
2250 A Street SW, Cedar Rapids
- Hours of Operation:
8:00am - 4:00pm Monday - Friday, 8:00am -12:00pm Saturday at 2250 A Street SW, Cedar Rapids
- Yard waste is accepted for $24.00 per ton, with a $5.00 minimum. Fees remain in place because operational costs to handle the material are the same. Retain all your receipts in case you can submit them for reimbursement via insurance or a disaster relief program.
- Take garbage or any loads of yard waste mixed with garbage (fencing tangled tree limbs or sheds with downed trees for example) to the landfill, 1954 County Home Road, Marion. Garbage is accepted for $40.00 per ton. Regular disposal fees apply because operational costs to handle the material remain the same. Again, retain all your receipts in case you can submit them for reimbursement via insurance or a disaster relief program.
- Garbage is only accepted at 1954 County Home Road, north of Marion, open 7:00am - 4:00pm Monday - Friday, Saturday by appointment or account only. Saturday appointments can be scheduled here.
- Recycling is accepted in the Resource Recovery building. Fees apply for appliances, tires, and TVs & monitors.