- Oak Ridge Middle School
Students at Oak Ridge will participate with the Solid Waste Agency in education about resource managment, career paths, and resource recovery/recycling.
- Excelsior Middle School
Students at Escelsior Middle School will work with the Solid Waste Agency to better understand resource recovery and management and how the Solid Waste Agency facilitates these services in their county.
- Veterans Reception Center
EPA is hosting a Hazardous Waste Generator Improvement Rule Workshop! The purpose of this workshop is to clarify and discuss impending changes to the hazardous waste generator regulations under the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA). These rule changes will become effective in Iowa May 30, 2017. This Workshop will discuss the changes and describe the following topics in detail:
- Changes in the current regulations;
- Gaps in the current regulations that are addressed in this rule;
- Improved flexibility and cost-saving options in the new regulation;
- Reorganization of the rule to make it user-friendly;
- Technical corrections and deletions of obsolete references.
To register: Please contact Rebecca Wenner at 913-551-7644 or at email@example.com
If you plan to attend, please register online by March 3, 2017 to ensure enough seats are available: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/7KYKDSD
- Cleveland Elementary School
Students at Cleveland Elementary will be put through the paces of resource recovery efforts in Linn County including e-waste and hazardous material recovery.