- Garbage Disposal Fees
- 05/11/2017 11:00am
Garbage disposal fees changing July 01, 2017.
- Clean Rubble Disposal Discount at the Solid Waste Agency
- 04/04/2017 12:00pm
Clean rubble disposal discount.
- Read the Spring 2017 Landfill Link!
- 03/20/2017 12:00pm
Read the Spring 2017 Landfill Link.
- Cover & Secure Your Load!
- 03/09/2017 8:00am
Cover your load!
- Road Work & Access to Compost Facility
- 02/15/2017 12:00pm
The City of Cedar Rapids will be closing the intersection of C Street SW and Bowling Street for approximately one month, starting February 20, for utility work. To access the Solid Waste Agency compost facility, use A Street SW and 22nd Avenue.
- Request for Proposal: Web Design Services
- 01/06/2017 12:00pm
The Agency is seeking to design its website to enhance the user experience, simplify content management, and provide better information and customer service to its residents and users, while meeting high standards for design quality and visual appeal.
- Access to Compost Facility Limited
- 01/05/2017 9:00am
Please be aware, the City of Cedar Rapids has closed portions of A Street SW and 21st Ave. SW is completely closed.
- Shingle Recycling Availability During the Winter
- 01/04/2017 8:00am
Shingle recycling only available at 2250 A Street SW, Cedar Rapids, starting November 28, 2016.
- Holiday Recycling Tips
- 12/20/2016 8:00am
Holiday recycling tips.
- Winter Hours & Free Wood Chips at 2250 A Street SW, Cedar Rapids
- 11/23/2016 9:01am
Winter hours and free wod chips.
- Proposed Fiscal Year 2018 Budget
- 11/16/2016 2:00pm
Proposed fiscal year 2018 budget.
- Winter Hours at 2250 A Street SW, Cedar Rapids
- 11/03/2016 3:30pm
The Solid Waste Agency yard waste, compost, shingle recycling and recycling facility at 2250 A Street SW, Cedar Rapids will be enacting winter hours on November 28, 2016.
The facility will be open from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Monday – Friday (closed Saturday and Sunday).
- Sandbag Reuse & Disposal
- 09/28/2016 11:00am
Hundreds of thousands of sandbags were used to keep the Cedar River out of homes and businesses.
- Flood Debris Disposal Information
- 09/26/2016 12:00pm
Flood debris from Linn County should be taken to the Solid Waste Agency landfill.
- Public Notice: Permit Renewal
- 08/16/2016 10:00am
The Iowa Department of Natural Resources has made a preliminary determination to approve a permit renewal applicationt at the Site #2 landfill in Marion.
- Solid Waste Agency Wins Governor’s Environmental Excellence Award
- 08/02/2016 9:00am
Governor Terry E. Branstad will recognize 22 Iowa organizations, including the Solid Waste Agency, at the Iowa Environmental Excellence awards ceremony August 2nd. The awards are the premier environmental honors in Iowa.
- TV/Monitor Recycling Fee Increase
- 06/24/2016 12:00pm
Fees to recycle TVs/monitors increase July 01, 2016.
- Request for Quotation: Roll-off Boxes
- 06/22/2016 12:00pm
The Solid Waste Agency is seeking requests for quotations for roll-off boxes.
- TV/Monitor Recycling Fee Changes
- 06/22/2016 7:00am
Tv/monitor recycling fees to increase.
- Recycled Art on Display at Solid Waste Agency
- 05/10/2016 12:00pm
Overalls all over at the landfill.
- Reminder: Take Yard Waste to Compost Facility
- 04/14/2016 12:00pm
Take yard waste loads to 2250 A Street SW, Cedar Rapids.
- Legislative Update: Illegal Dumping Bill Signed Into Law
- 04/08/2016 8:00am
A bill that would increase fines for littering is making its way through the Iowa legislature.
- Recycling Phone Books
- 02/22/2016 9:22am
Have you received a new phone book and do not want it? Here is how you can opt out of receiving another one in the future.
- Get Rid of Expired & Unwanted Prescription Drugs Safely
- 02/21/2016 1:13pm
The Cedar Rapids Police Department offers a safe and convenient way for citizens to dispose of expired, unused and unwanted prescription drugs. A drug drop box is available in the lobby of the Cedar Rapids Police Department, 505 First St SW.
- Planning Mount Trashmore's Future
- 08/19/2015 8:00am
Planning Mount Trashmore's future.
- Unloading at the Solid Waste Agency
- 06/04/2015 10:00am
Agency employees are prohibited from using Agency equipment or vehicles to assist customers with unloading waste or recyclable items. This applies to both Agency locations.
The Agency assumes no responsibility for any damage occurring to customer vehicles as a result of unloading or disposal activities on Agency property.