The Agency accepts garbage, including furniture, from Linn County residents and businesses at 1954 County Home Road, Marion, Iowa for a fee. Always stop at the scale first.
- $10.00 flat-fee for car/SUV/minivan
- $20.00 flat-fee for pickup/full-size van
- $40.00 per ton for weighed loads
- $10.00 fine for residential uncovered or unsecured loads
- $25.00 fine for commercial uncovered or unsecured loads
- Tipping fee doubles for loads containing cardboard or banned materials
All loads must be covered and secured or will be fined. Residential vehicles can unload garbage at the convenience area. Commercial loads and municipal garbage trucks will be directed to the landfill.
All customers are required to follow staff instructions while on-site. Staff may not always be immediately available and are prohibited from using agency equipment to unload vehicles.
Stop at the scale upon arrival. Identify the items you want to discard to the scale attendant. The attendant will direct you where to go for disposal.
If your load is weighed, you are required to stop back at the scale after disposal. The scale attendant will weigh your vehicle again and determine any fees due.
The Agency accepts cash, credit cards and business checks.
Not all waste can go into the landfill. Some materials are banned at local, state and federal levels. Other items must be delivered before certain times. Visit the Restrictions page to learn more. Banned items include:
- TVs & monitors
- Fluorescent bulbs
- Hazardous materials
- Yard Waste
Items that must be delivered before a certain time include:
- Shingles (hand-unloaded shingle loads must arrive before 3:00 p.m. or will be rejected)
- Railroad ties & telphone poles
- Mattresses - bulk loads with multiple mattresses
- Special wastes
The Agency accepts both non-friable and friable asbestos. Delivery conditions and packaging requirements apply. If you have asbestos to dispose of visit the Asbestos page for detailed instructions.
If your business or facility generates non-hazardous industrial waste, written approval and special handling may be required. Visit the Industrial & Special Waste page if you need to dispose of waste that is:
- Dusty, odiferous, or voluminous
- Potentially regulated or caustic
To ensure staff and public safety and to comply with permit regulations, the Agency reserves the right to declare any waste a special waste. Generators and haulers must have prior written approval from the Agency before disposing of a special waste in the landfill.