Regulated Asbestos Containing Material (RACM) and friable asbestos may only be delivered by appointment and requires pre-approval
(NOT CURRENTLY ACCEPTING FRIABLE ASBESTOS).
Cost & Location
Asbestos is only accepted at 1954 County Home Road, Marion, Iowa
- $48 per ton for Category 1 non-friable asbestos wastes generated in Linn County
- $90 per ton for all other forms of RACM and friable asbestos (NOT CURRENTLY ACCEPTING FRIABLE ASBESTOS)
- 1-ton minimum fee applies
Asbestos Removal & Disposal Requirements
- RACM must be pre-approved
- Asbestos containing waste must be declared upon arrival
- A complete and accurate manifest must accompany each load of asbestos waste
- Asbestos waste must be properly packaged prior to delivery. This includes being tightly sealed, wet and in at least two 6‐mil, leak‐tight polyethylene bags or equivalent.
- Asbestos waste must be delivered before 11:00 a.m., Monday - Friday
For More Information:
Asbestos waste - Regulated under the Clean Air Act and NESHAP, there are two types of asbestos waste, non-friable and regulated asbestos containing material (RACM). RACM includes friable asbestos, which can be crumbled, pulverized or reduced to a powder by hand pressure when dry and is the most dangerous form. Resilient floor tile, roof felts, asphalt tiles, asphalts, mastics, and transite roofing shingles and siding are considered non‐friable forms of asbestos, unless they are or will be damaged during demolition or renovation activities. Non‐friable asbestos cannot easily be pulverized or reduced to a powder. Non‐friable asbestos that is damaged to the extent that it can be crumbled or reduced to a powder by hand pressure must be handled and packaged as RACM.