- Category 1 non-friable asbestos wastes generated in Linn County $50 per ton
- 1-ton minimum fee applies
Asbestos is only accepted at 1954 County Home Road, Marion, Iowa
What we accept
The Cedar Rapids Linn County Solid Waste Agency does not accept Regulated Asbestos Containing Materials (RACM) or Category II nonfriable Asbestos Containing Materials (ACM).
The Agency ONLY accepts Category I non-friable ACM materials for disposal.
Asbestos Disposal Requirements
- All asbestos deliveries must be pre-approved and scheduled 24-hours in advance.
- Asbestos loads must be delivered prior to 11 am and are only accepted Monday – Friday.
- Asbestos loads must stop at the main office for a visual inspection prior to proceeding to the scale.
- Asbestos loads must be declared at the scale.
- A complete and accurate manifest must accompany each load of asbestos waste; one manifest per load maximum.
- Asbestos waste must be properly packaged prior to delivery. This includes being tightly sealed, wetted and in at least two 6‐mil, leak‐tight polyethylene bags or equivalent.
- Beginning September 1, 2021, improperly packaged loads identified on the landfill will be subject to a double tipping fee surcharge.
For More Information: