The Cedar Rapids Linn County Solid Waste Agency does not accept Regulated Asbestos Containing Materials (RACM) or Category II nonfriable Asbestos Containing Materials (ACM).
The Agency ONLY accepts Category I non-friable ACM materials for disposal.
Cost & Location
Asbestos is only accepted at 1954 County Home Road, Marion, Iowa
- $48 per ton for Category 1 non-friable asbestos wastes generated in Linn County
- 1-ton minimum fee applies
Asbestos Disposal Requirements
- All asbestos deliveries must be pre-approved and scheduled 24-hours in advance.
- Asbestos loads must be delivered prior to 11 am and are only accepted Monday – Friday.
- Asbestos loads must stop at the main office for a visual inspection prior to proceeding to the scale.
- Asbestos loads must be declared at the scale.
- A complete and accurate manifest must accompany each load of asbestos waste; one manifest per load maximum.
- Asbestos waste must be properly packaged prior to delivery. This includes being tightly sealed, wetted and in at least two 6‐mil, leak‐tight polyethylene bags or equivalent.
- Beginning September 1, 2021, improperly packaged loads identified on the landfill will be subject to a double tipping fee surcharge.